SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, January 4, 2018

Easy Decor For Valentine's Day

Yes.

 It's January and i cannot stop day dreaming about decorating for valentine's day! I have small sections of my house that have been touched by cupid, but i have held off just for a few more days. Well maybe days, but most likely hours! For some reason i just get all the feels and its not because its just a love day, but i feel like its a day to appreciate our loved ones.
I wanted to share with you guys some simple valentine's decor that i have come across online that will spruce up any small or large space!
Obviously i always go overboard and it looks like i am completely obsessed with decorating for holidays. A little background about why i decorate for every holiday which involves my sweet mother. She always made sure that candy dishes were filled with colorful candies. Her and i would exchange a pair of themed socks for every holiday and my favorite themed socks to exchange were valentine's day socks. I know it sounds silly, but that special memory of picking out holiday socks with my mom will be something i cherish FOREVER!

Before i go on rambling about how much love, family, and fairy tales mean to me I'll start sharing the decorations i came across:

HELLO! how stinking cute is this heart garland! I can think of so many ways to dress this up in my house! A few ways would be draping it over a mirror as it is seen in the photo, dangling it from the top of a fireplace mantle or even laying it on top of a counter with a few pretty candy dishes on top!
Next is a big secret obsession of mine. PILLOW COVERS! I have to change mine every holiday or i try to! I usually find myself at the target dollar spot taking all the decorative pillows and driving home thinking to myself "where can i hide these?" How cute is this kissy lips pillow cover! it is the perfect amounts of pink's and red's together and placing it on the couch or on a chair with a chunky white blanket behind it is perfection!
Lastly, what is valentine's day without some sweet treats?! I found these super simple, cute, and dainty candy dishes, and they come in a pack of three! This can be used to hold your favorite candy's or even used as a jewelry holder throughout the holiday or even after that! I personally love to have candy dishes around the house because i have an X-LARGE sweet tooth. By putting  some candy dishes around for my guests they feel free to snack on something and in my opinion i feel like they know i have thought of them by setting these out!

I hope these little decor ideas have given you some inspiration to jazz it up a bit for valentine's day! Over on my YouTube channel which is linked above i have decorated my hutch for valentine's day and the video will be going live next week! I hope you can check it out!

XO, JEANNIE.




2 comments :

  1. Hey girl heeeyyy! I’m due Valentine’s Day so this blog post makes me feel the feels! πŸ’• my decor will probably be flowers, welcome balloons and perhaps a sweet banner for baby girl Martinez πŸ’•

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YAY!!!!! i hope you find some good stuff girl!

      Delete