SOCIAL MEDIA

Friday, February 23, 2018

Farmhouse Home Decor [ON A BUDGET]


HEY FRIENDS! i swear it feels like i have not blogged in ages. OH wait that's because i haven't! i promise i am going to get better at this! my creative juices are flowing and i have come up with some awesome finds, DIY'S and so much more for y'all! This back and forth weather here in California has made me inspired to start decorating for spring although today it was 40 degrees and us Californian's cant handle all that mess! HAHA!
But, with that being said i have been so incredibly inspired to create a few DIY projects for myself while i had the time and a little bit of extra cash! for so long i have shopped at Home goods, Hobby Lobby, Marshalls, etc. etc. I could go on forever about how i would look at larger home decor pieces and just wish i could purchase it! But, the reality is i am a stay at home mother to two young VERY YOUNG children! Diapers, milk, food, toys you name it and you know it isn't free! So instead of hanging my head low just wishing i could decorate my house the ways i have always dreamed i did something about it!
My inspiration came from a few Instagram pages that i had come across years ago. I would view photos and start to watch videos on how to refurbish old furniture. Now this could be furniture you already have or some maybe you find at Good Will or garage sales! All the furniture pieces i am sharing today were purchased at the Good Will. 
The first piece was $40 and here is the BEFORE photo
I know what you are thinking HOW IN THE WORLD did she see beauty in this?
I have been wanting a hutch for over a year and once i walked into the Goodwill its like it was only me and this hutch in the room! cheesy right?! Anywho, i got the hutch and my type of style drew me to purchasing some Anne Sloan chalk paint! Only Home Depot sells this paint so don't make the mistake of going to Lowe's like i did! this piece took two cans. And the best part it doesn't required any preperation! I simply cleaned the wood with a surface cleaner and began painting! Since the middle glass piece was missing i added some chicken wire which is very cheap as well and then i spray painted the handles black with Anne Sloan chalk spray paint!
Here is the AFTER

With this project i did the same exact thing! Except this time i purchased glass knobs. I would say total spent for the two projects start to finish was $200 give or take! And that is not bad for two large pieces! This next piece was $14!!!!! And it only required on paint can! Ya'll come one how can you even think twice about a DIY now!
BEFORE/AFTER



Overall these projects were so easy and surprisingly enjoyable! I never knew how much i would love to sit and paint. It was so therapeutic and relaxing. The best part is being able to jazz up your work and really appreciate all the hard work you really did! I hope this gets your creative juices flowing and you come up with something awesome!

XOXO BABES,
JEANNIE

1 comment :

  1. I love both of those!! I need to find something to try hat paint out on lol

    ReplyDelete